Thursday, September 27, 2012

Exploring with Children

 Elucidating Photography {Dallas - Fort Worth - Hurst, Texas Custom Photography}

 

 I have been in my new state of Texas for a little over 2 months. I have some amazing family scheduled in for location shoots and thought I would go exploring for some great spots. Of course, I brought my children along and have to "test" out the area!


The first spot I found was in my neighborhood, it is a little alley way, I believe used for drainage. I drove by it a couple times and couldn't wait to shoot here! So we walked my oldest to school, and the twins and I did a mini shoot to test it out!














Next was a weekend adventure, so we were able to include my oldest! My husband loves his dirt bikes and 4 wheelers, so not long after moving here he found some riding trails in the back of our HUGE neighborhood. He saw the trails, I saw all of the "safe" locations for shoots! There is a beautiful location with trees ( & much needed shade) with clearings that were made for me! Now, one clearing was made for me when I was a teenager, it included someones thrown out coach, coupled with someones thrown out cushions (both different flower prints, it was awesome, lol). There were some cement rocks that were supposed to make a circle (I believe) for a small fire pit, this was all decorated with the various wrappers and beer cans thrown into the trees. I was so happy when in the middle of my shoot volunteers from the home owners association showed up with a trailer and trash bags to remove it all. I thankful thanked them for clearing the better location! Gotta love that home owners association!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment